Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Liposuction

First of all- no worries friends I am not writing to get your opinion on if I should have Lipo.. haha

My darling Noah was down for his morning nap today and instead of my usual nap time routine of dishes, laundry or a shower I opted to make myself a yummy cup of coffee and a bagle and sit for a while enjoying a little Live with Regis and Kelly.  I was really proud of myself for taking a little mommy time. However, I was very disturbed as I watched television this morning. Now...the show was entertaining, it was the commercials that got to me. In the hour long show I watched, there were four separate commercials for plastic surgery, or cosmetic enhancement.  Two specifically for lipo, one for  optional laser surgery for spider veins (different from varicose veins) and one for facial injections to erase wrinkles.  All of the commercials were from local businesses. One commercial  went as far as to show before and after pictures of a woman's lower mid section with a black bar covering her genitalia advertising how wonderful they are at ridding a woman of her "muffin top".  As I watched, I thought to myself  "wow... they call THAT a muffin Top..HA"  If these establishments think the "before " pictures of their clients show what someone looks like who needs plastic surgery, they have clearly never... ever seen many woman nude let alone a woman who has had children nude. They also showed before and after cleavage of a woman whose breasts had clearly provided nourishment for a new life. 

Now I am not 100% anti cosmetic surgery... for example I think breast reconstruction for cancer survivors is just wonderful for those women, facial surgery for children with a cleft lip is amazing ect. 

BUT.. come on!!  You, I  and all the other women in this community do not need messages 4 times in an hour (especially during my relaxing "mommy time") of how society thinks a woman's body should look!  I feel worried about my beautiful nieces and my friend's daughters who will grow up with ever increasing expectations or demands on what their bodies should look like.

Now I could go on and on, but won't 

But all in all- I just desperately want to tell YOU how amazingly beautiful you are. All of you ladies. Some I saw or spoke to yesterday.. some it has been years. However, my hope is that this little note will serve simply to remind you of how wonderfully and beautifully you are created. Tell a woman you see today how beautiful she is. Let US be the women who completely REDEFINE what beautiful looks like.

listen to this sometime if you have a free 3 minutes. It's a newer song by Miss Natalie Grant "Beauty Mark"  I did not post it on You Tube but saw it there so for those of you who have not picked up her CD yet you can catch the song here (just copy & paste)            

Sing O Daughter of Zion; Shout aloud, O Israel! Be glad & rejoice with all your heart. The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:14;17

Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment