Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

I did it!! (sort of)

Short post:
I completed my first session in the couch to 5k program (yeah, I may have forgotten to mention that I decided to give it a whirl) Anyway... I did it!!  I didn't puke, pass out or cry my eyes out! Let me be clear- I came very close to doing all three of those things...at the same time. But none less, I finished.
Will I go on to session 2... after today I'm crossing my fingers I don't chicken out.
In other headlining news here at our house- Amber is in the worst shape of her life! Pretty sure anyone who drove by got a good laugh at my attempt at running. But hey- I suppose you gotta start somewhere?
 Right??

After the podcast finished, regular music came on the ipod- random Goo Goo dolls song "iris" came on. I didn't pay too much attention as I gasped for air in the cool down walk back to the house but at the end of the song when it repeats, "I just want you to know who I am." I almost got a little teary. As completely cheesy as it may sound, I felt a little nudge from the Big Guy..you know, THE Big Guy in Heaven. Giving me some nudge like.."did you hear that? I just want you to know who I am."    You see- I have NO IDEA why I am starting this running program when I literally hate running *HATE* it (not a word I toss around lightly)  But I just feel like I'm supposed to do it. Oh Lord- where are you leading?? sigh....

Let's see if I can walk in the morning....

Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment