Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Post Ethiopia trip blog #1

To my dear Friends & Family,
   Well, I have been home from Ethiopia for 2 weeks now! The Bright Future Academy is ready for kiddos and is going to be changing lives! Time has flown in these 2 weeks, I thought that by now I would have posted a good 2 or 3 blogs telling you all about the trip down to the very last detail. Frankly, I find myself avoiding writing because....well, I just don't even know what to say.
  My world, my life, was shaken to the core. I really don't know if I could explain before the trip why we were feeling called to adopt from AND serve Ethiopia. I mean, we could articulate it nicely but the emotion behind it is difficult to pair with words. Now, I have seen; and my heart is broken. It was aching before, knowing that we were called to adopt but not being sure how it would play out or what the circumstances would be like when it happened. However, now.... there is a desperate ache in the bottom of my belly. I have seen the need- far greater than my imagination could conjure up. (No matter how many YouTube videos I watched or how much research I did beforehand.) Our daughter's birth mommy and birth daddy are out there, living in conditions that would be unfathomable here. I pray for them even more now. I pray that somehow they find comfort and peace in God's provision. I pray that when their time of desperation comes and they realize their daughter will become and orphan and maybe they find themselves crying out to God for her to be taken care of- that He reveals to them in a gentle whisper, "I already have."  Josh, Noah and I are the provision they will be praying for. Our daughter's birth parents may not know that God has gone before them and answered their prayers before it has even passed through their hearts; but we are here. We are ready. We are waiting.

Waiting on God's timing. We continue to pray that the financial aspect that goes along with adoption comes at just the right time- when our daughter is ready for us. However, I am human and it is hard being patient! We have been fundraising for a bit over four months now (almost nonstop) and from that perspective I believe we have done great in fundraising THANKS to YOU! However, I still look at how far we have to go and it is hard not to become discouraged.

Anyway- keep praying with us friends. I will be returning to blogging soon- first I need to figure out how I think and feel about my first Ethiopia experience so that I can put it into words for you.

Much Love,
Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment