Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

What would happen?

What would happen if we lived every second truly as if God was sitting right next to us in the car, talking arm in arm while doing our errands or getting groceries.
How close am I at behaving that way?

I'm working on reading though Sitting at the feet of Rabbi Jesus with a rocking accountability partner. One of the chapters we just went though talked about Fiddler on the Roof and how the father, Tevye frequently pauses mid scene for a one-on-one with God. Sometimes they are comical, sometimes they are serious. But, for the most part-,he ALWAYS goes to this one-on-one with God; recognizing the true intimate closeness of the Lord in everything. I'm trying to live more in that way...but man it's tricky sometimes!
When I'm flustered or about to get angry about something I catch myself thinking, "hey God-you wanna close your eyes for a few minutes?"  HA!! (that's pretty much what I get in response from Him)
But he is here...so close.  

Ah - the comfort

Much Love

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like good stuff. I really need to get a hold of that book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete